Emerald Bay Estates is located on the beautiful northwest corner of Wichita, KS. Offering the best in schools, shopping and recreation, the area is a wonderful place to live, work and raise a family. Here are a few of the local amenities and attractions Wichita has to offer.
- Maize Middle School– Grades 6 – 8
- Maize High School– Grades 9 – 12
- Wichita Private Schools– All Wichita area private schools.
- Wichita State University– Public Division 1 NCAA university. Home of the Shockers.
- Friends University– Private university located on Meridian between Kellogg and Maple.
- Neumann University– Private university located south of Kellogg next to Southwest Boulevard.
- Towne East Square– Wichita’s largest mall. Two-story complex located at the intersection of Kellogg and Rock Rd.
- Towne West Square– Wichita’s second-largest mall located at the intersection of Kellogg and I-235.
- Bradley Fair– Upscale shopping and dining plaza located on Rock Rd. south of 21st
- New Market Square– Large store chains and plentiful dining options located on Maize Rd. north of 21st
- Rolling Hills Country Club– Membership country club located on Maple between Maize Rd. and Tyler.
- Tex Consolver Golf Course– Beautiful public course located in Pawnee Prairie Park.
- Arthur B. Sim Golf Course– Scenic public course located in the Riverside museum district.
- All Wichita Golf Courses– Guide to all public Wichita Golf courses.
- Botanica– A large collection of theme gardens welcoming visitors and events located in Riverside next to the Wichita Art Museum.
- Sedgwick County Zoo– Nationally and internationally-recognized wildlife park supporting conservation programs and endangered species located on Zoo Blvd north of I-235.
- Great Plains Nature Center– Educational center for Great Plains flora and fauna located on 29th St N between Woodlawn and Oliver.
- Exploration Place– Large science center featuring exhibits, digital dome theater and planetarium located north of McLean Blvd between Seneca and Waco.
- Wichita Art Museum– Large museum featuring exhibits and collections located in Riverside.
- Museum of World Treasures– Fascinating collection of historical items located in Old Town.
- Old Cowtown Museum– Open-air, living history museum located in Riverside.
- Mid-America All-Indian Center– Cultural center and museum preserving American Indian heritage located in Riverside.
- Kansas Aviation Museum– Museum exploring the history of flight located next to McConnell Air Force Base.
Professional Sports Teams
- Wichita Thunder– professional CHL hockey team playing at Intrust Bank Arena.
- Wichita Wingnuts– minor league baseball team playing at Lawrence-Dumont Stadium.
- Wichita Force– professional CPIFL indoor football team playing at Intrust Bank Arena.
- Wichita B-52s– professional MASL indoor soccer team playing at Hartman Arena.
- FC Wichita– professional NPSL outdoor soccer team playing at Stryker Soccer Complex.
Theaters and Venues
- Warren Theaters– Movie theaters featuring the latest Hollywood releases with three locations.
- Orpheum Theater– Historic downtown theater featuring concerts, events and films.
- Crown Uptown Theater– Historic College Hill theater featuring concerts and events.
- Palace Theaters– Discount movie chain featuring last-chance movies before they leave the big screen.
- Murdock Theater– Small downtown theater featuring independent film releases.
- Starlite Drive-In– Wichita’s only remaining drive-in theater featuring two screens.
- The Cotillion– Historic concert venue featuring well-known touring artists.
- Century II – Large downtown convention center and performing arts venue.
- Intrust Bank Arena– Largest event venue in Wichita featuring year-round concerts and events.